Description: The Sioux Falls Arts Council (SFAC) seeks a energetic, self-starter to assist administration and communications as well as fundraising efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity for those seeking experience with various aspects of working for a smaller nonprofit in a casual work environment. Through this internship you will build professional skills implementing organizational communications and fund development strategies. The Administration Intern will work independently and, in a team, to fulfill organizational goals and initiatives related to programming and events.
• Shadow Executive Director through day-to-day administration tasks; meetings and planning, accounting, and budgeting.
• Working with Communications Coordinator to revising website content and generating social media content, including campaigns for fundraising and special events and optimizing web presence for the organization.
• Assist Executive Director to create fundraising campaigns, including thinking creatively about campaign messages, as well as implementing the logistics of campaigns (mailings, social media posts, e-mails, phone calls).
• Composing or improving process for communication with donors, including updates for donors, thank you letters, and initial outreach to potential donors.
• Developing fundraising materials, including toolkit for community fundraisers and online.
• Identifying, researching and compiling leads for potential funding sources, including researching foundation databases, community leaders, local franchises, and corporate sponsors.
• Help organize and execute Biennial Awards in the Arts event in June/July.
• Firm grasp of social media tools and platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc. Previous experience a plus.
• Completed or working toward a college degree (junior level and up), preferably in a related field (e.g., Marketing/Communications, Non Profit Administration or Public Relations
• Must be computer literate and working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
• Self-starter, good time management, creative, with ability to communicate in a professional manner
• Ability to work well independently, and with a small team.
• Must have ability to work remotely when needed.
Hours and Compensation
• Start Date: Beginning of Summer 2023.
• Hours: 20 hours/week
• Compensation: $15/hour up to 120 hours. Parking pass will be provided for up to 3 months.
• Location: Sioux Falls Arts Council 315 N Phillips Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57104 -Orpheum Theatre.
Please a send cover letter, resume, sample of writing and portfolio of relevant past work to Kellen Boice at firstname.lastname@example.org.