Local artists who live or work in the Greater Sioux Falls Area (Minnehaha, Lincoln, McCook and Turner Counties).
The exhibit will rotate on a quarterly basis. Submissions from this Call for Art will be used to select artists for all 2017 rotations.
- January-March 2017
- April-June 2017
- July-September 2017
- October-December 2017
All submissions must be done on our website. If you do not have access to a computer, contact the Arts Council for an alternate process.
Submission Deadline: October 29, 2016
Selections Announced: November 29, 2016
Your work may be listed for sale while it is on exhibit at the Sioux Falls Arts Council. All transactions will be conducted directly between the artist and the purchaser. Sold pieces may not be removed until your exhibit rotations is complete. The Sioux Falls Arts Council will not collect any commissions. A donation back to the Arts Council is encouraged, but not required.
Sioux Falls Arts Council will:
- host an Artist Reception on First Friday of the first month of your rotation.
- print informational brochures, which will include your artist biography, contact information, and images of your work.
- feature you on the home page of ArtsSiouxFalls.org for the duration of your exhibit. (Once your exhibit has ended, your information will move to the Featured Artist page of the website.)
- promote your exhibit on social media and online calendar.
- be open Monday-Friday 10:00 am – 3:00 pm, every First Friday 5:00 – 7:00 pm and by appointment.
Selected artists will:
- review and sign an Agreement & Release.
- install their work between the 25th and the end of the month prior to their exhibit opening.
- supply all hanging materials.
- provide signage for each piece, including title and price.
- remove their work by the 20th of the last month of their exhibit
Sioux Falls Arts Council • 326 E 8th St #106A, Sioux Falls, SD 57103 • 605-271-6696